mainzcardplus is much more than a public transport travel pass. Holders get free admission to the city's museums and great discounts at cultural events, leisure facilities, shopping and sightseeing, not to mention a free guided tour of the city.
Single card: € 11.95
Group card for up to 5 persons: € 25
Avail of the advantages of mainzcardplus to explore the capital of Rhineland-Palatinate!
The information below refers to the use of the card on public transport:
Valid for all public transport services within the Mainz-Wiesbaden tariff area (RMV 65) that are no subject to a surcharge.
Dates and times
The mainzcardplus is valid on the date stamped on it, plus the entire following day.
Validity for other offers
For all other offers, the mainzcardplus is valid for 48 hours from the time stamped on it.
mainzcardplus passes are available from:
• mainz STORE
• Tourist Service Center Mainz at Mainz State Museum
• MVG Verkehrscenter, Bahnhofplatz 6A
• many hotel reception desks
mainzcardplus advantages and offers:
- For relaxed travelling – by bus and train:
mainzcardplus entitles you to free travel on all public transport routes (bus, tram, S, RB, SE and RE train services) in Mainz and Wiesbaden (RMV 65)
Please note: for public transport, mainzcardplus is only valid on the day stamped on it, and the following day. For more information, contact RMV mobility advice at Verkehrscenter Mainz, Bahnhofplatz 6A, phone: +49 6131 12 7777, www.mvg-mainz.de
- Free admission to museums in Mainz:
Gutenberg Museum, Mainz State Museum, Natural History Museum, Episcopal Cathedral and Diocesan Museum, Carnival Museum, Museum of City History and Kunsthalle Mainz (except certain temporary exhibitions)
- Free ticket to "Golden Mainz and its sights" guided tour: please note that an online reservation via this website is required
January to December: every Saturday, 2 pm
May to October also on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 2 pm, meeting point: Tourist Service Center Mainz, Brückenturm near City Hall
January to December: every Sunday, 3 pm, meeting point: Entrance of Mainz State Museum
- Free admission to Mainz Casino
Karmeliterstrasse 14, 55116 Mainz
- 10% discount on standing ticket for ZDF Fernsehgarten live TV show (subject to availability)
- 20% discount on tickets of KD Schifffahrtsgesellschaft
(scheduled trips only)
- 10% discount on tickets for events at Frankfurter Hof
- 10% discount on tickets for performances at Mainz State Theatre
- 10% discount on all souvenirs for sale at mainz STORE (except for tickets and wine)